12.10.2016

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies ♥ 12 Days of DIY

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
On the fifth day of 12 Days of DIY I made this for you, tea bag sugar cookies! I've had this idea to bake vegan sugar cookies for a while. Then I got another idea to make tea bag shaped cookies so I meshed both of my ideas together to make this scrumptious recipe! I used this recipe but I added my own twist. I used a different milk which may have resulted in a different taste, texture and directions. I also included a glaze which you can coat the sugar cookies in. The cookies aren't too sweet so the glaze adds a nice touch to the simple taste. They will still taste amazing with or without the glaze, especially paired with a cup of your favorite tea! 

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
Ingredients: (makes 20-30 cookies)
- 2 1/3 cups of flour
- 1 tsps of baking powder
- 1/2 tsps of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cups of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cups of almond milk
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 1-3 tsps of water (optional)

Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. In a large bowl beat together the rest of the ingredients.
3. Combine the the flour mixture as you beat in the ingredients.
4. After 1-2 minutes of beating a dough should start to form (If not, add 1-3 tsps of water). Take out dough and roll into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and pat down.
5, Place in the refrigerator and chill for 15-30 minutes. Overnight may be better.
6. Preheat your oven to 360 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. On a counter (or wide space area) take out a piece of plastic wrap and place the cookie dough in the center. Layer another piece of plastic wrap over the dough. With a rolling pin roll out the dough. Roll the dough as thick as you want your cookies.
8. Cut out tea bag shapes. I used this cookie cutter. Then use a straw to cut out the tiny holes.
9. Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes.
10. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool before devouring!

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
Glaze:
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar

1. After cookies have cooled down. Mix the milk and powdered sugar together with a whisk.
2. Using a basting brush to apply the glaze over the cookies.
3. Let dry and they are finally ready to eat!

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
Tea tags:
- Pen
- Paper
- Hole punch (I used this heart hole puncher I got from Michael's)
- Scissors
- Tread or twine

To create the tea tags I cut a square from a piece of paper. I then hole punched a hole on the center top of the paper. Next, write whatever you want the tags to say. I wrote various things like 'happy holidays', 'tea time', 'for you', etc. Finally, weave the thread through the hole and double knot. weave the tag through the sugar cookie's hole and you are done!

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
You can add a few cookies into a decorative bag like I did here and give out as holiday gifts. These sugar cookies are the perfect cookie to have with a cup of tea!

Tea Bag Sugar Cookies DIY
What's your favorite type of cookies?

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment