12.27.2016

Starbucks Gingerbread Cafe Tour ♥ Blogmas 2016

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
A few days before Christmas my younger sister and I assembled a gingerbread house. Not just any gingerbread house though! I bought this Starbucks Gingerbread Cafe Kit because we're both obsessed with Starbucks! Gingerbread houses are one of my favorite things to decorate so I wanted show you our finished Starbucks gingerbread cafe. It's not perfect and the icing is sloppy but we had fun decorating it and that's all that matters.

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
 The kit came with everything you need to personalize your own Starbucks cafe. Some red gumdrops, white icing, various colored candy beads, candy canes candies, peppermint sticker and even red cup candies! You also got some Starbucks logos, a drive-tru sign and green panels that are suppose to be used for the windows and roof.

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
We decorated each piece of the gingerbread cafe first before gluing it together. However, when it came to placing the cafe on the bottom of the gingerbread holder some of the decorations stood out so I had to remove and re-glue some of the pieces (like the peppermint sticks). That's why some of the decorations seems out of place.

Let's start with the front of the cafe. I followed a little bit of the design on the box but not all of it. For the windows on our cafe I made a different design. I really loved the Starbucks red cup candies so I tried to include them as much as possible throughout the whole cafe.

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
On the side, I made a outdoor drive-thru menu. The peppermint stick with the gumdrop is suppose to be a speaker where you can place your order. It's pretty messy but kind of cute.

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
On the back is the drive-thru pick-up area. I decided to draw a car (some of the candy beads fell off because of lack of icing). Since there were some leftover window panels (it came with four) I placed them over the pick-up window. I also randomly drew a snowman next to the pick-up area, he's holding a drink! lol

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
On the other side I decided to draw some trees because I was out of ideas at this point. We also hadn't used the candy canes that much either so this was a chance to place some candy canes.

Starbucks Gingerbread House Tour
Lastly, we have the roof. The kit provided a green card stock rectangle to use as the roof. I wasn't a fan of this because the piece felt flimsy and mine came slightly bent so it made my cafe's roof look odd. I didn't know what that last gingerbread piece was for and it didn't say in the instructions what it's suppose to be so we just placed in onto of the roof.

Sorry for the bad icing job throughout the cafe. While we were putting the cafe together the gingerbread pieces didn't want to sticker together so I went crazy with the icing trying to make the whole gingerbread stick together. You guys should've seen the inside! It was a huge gooey mess! lol

Do you eat the gingerbread after you are finished using it or throw it away?

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment