11.28.2016

L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten ♥ Beauty Review

L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten Review
When I heard about L'Oreal's pure-clay masks I was definitely intrigued. Especially, when many bloggers started talking about them! The detox mask caught my attention the most because of it's benefits to pull out impurities leaving your face with a radiant complexion! The mask contains charcoal which has been a popular ingredient in skincare for a while. Charcoal deep cleanses and helps to get rid of toxins on the skin, reduce dull skin, minimize pores, treat acne and oily skin. While I don't have a problem with excessive oily skin or acne I did feel like giving my skin a purge of impurities so I decided to indulge and treat my skin with this mask. How did it perform? Keep reading to find out!

L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten Review
L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten Review
L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten Review
Description
"Over time harsh environmental factors, such as pollution and debris damage skin leaving complexion dull and tired. Often times a cleanser isn't enough to solve this problem. Detox and Brighten Pure-Clay Mask addresses your skin concerns for a purified, even and radiant complexion."

Pros
- Relaxing scent
- Easy to remove

Cons
- No noticeable results
- Not worth it's price
- Confusing packaging (Glass jar but plastic lid? Not the best combination)

My Experience
I first heard about these L'oreal masks through various bloggers online. Many raved about the trio saying these masks were amazing and life-changing! The detox mask was by far the most popular one out of the bunch. However, in my opinion this mask sucks! I've been using this mask every Sunday for the past couple of months and haven't noticed any difference in my skin's appearance or texture. It just sits on my face doing nothing, wasting my time when I could be using a hydrating sheet mask instead.

I use a foundation brush to apply a light layer of the mask on my face. It dries in under 10 minutes and starts to tingle if you leave it on longer. Once the mask has turned a light grey color you can see all of the impurities on the surface of the mask (it's pretty cool but kind of gross at the same time). After I wash off the mask with luke warm water I notice...nothing! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! No brightening, no even skin tone, there is a bit of clearing but nothing too dramatic worth talking about.

Another thing I want to point out is the packaging. Why have a glass jar with a plastic lid? It's an odd pair if you ask me. Why not just make both glass or plastic? The jar feels high quality but the lid feels cheep.

Overall I was super disappointed with this product because it didn't do anything for me. Honestly, I blame the hype. Whenever I try a product that is really popular I either end up hating it or it just doesn't do anything for me.

My Rating
♥ out of ♥♥♥♥♥

You can purchase the L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask in Detox & Brighten here

L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten Review
Have you tried any of the L'oreal Pure-Clay Masks?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment