6.13.2016

Vegan Food ♥ Taste Test

Vegan Taste Test
I've been really interested in the vegan lifestyle lately. So I went to Kroger in search for some vegan food. They have a whole section devoted to healthy/gluten-free/dairy-free/etc food. My local Kroger didn't have have the best selection but I still managed to find some vegan treats. Today I will be reviewing said items and giving my honest opinion on some vegan food.

Vegan Taste Test
Go Veggie Monterey Jack + Cheddar Style Shreds
I was really impressed with the dairy-free cheese selection at the Kroger I visited. There was so many different types of cheeses from many brands to choose from. I decided to try Go Veggie. I've tried their cheddar slices before and they tasted disgusting! This time however I picked up these monterey jack and cheddar style shreds. They melt really well, I've added these over pastas and they're delicious! But I wouldn't recommend you eat these a not melted because they do have a slight chalky taste.

Go Veggie American Cheese Slices
Because of my past Go Veggie cheddar slice experience I was hesitate to try these slices. However, I'm glad I tried it because it's incredible! It legit taste like regular american cheese (maybe even better!). This cheese also melts like a dream! My grilled cheese sanwiches have never taste so amazing!

Vegan Taste Test
Just Mayo
Tastes just like regular mayonnaise! I couldn't even tell a difference!

Organic Earth Balance
I actually have been using this butter for a while. It taste a little more oilier then regular butter but if you are using it in a recipe or something you will probably not even notice. Earth Balance has so many varieties of butters there is soy-free, organic, gluten-free, etc. There is a butter for every type of person!

Vegan Taste Test
Gevalia Iced Coffee Almond Milk in Caramel
My older sister always gets these Gevalia mocha flavored iced coffees. I've tried this same flavor before but I don't remember loving it or hating it. I pour mine over iced to create a more chilled coffee. It tastes alight but I would much rather get a Starbucks iced coffee. Next time I will try a different flavor.

Larabar Mocha Chip Bar
I'm a huge fan of Larabars! I bought this flavor because I have never tried it before and anything coffee flavored is right up my alley! I have yet to open it because I want to save it for our road trip to Mexico this weekend. Hopefully it will taste like a coffee bar!

So Delicious Dairy Free Cashew Milk Cappuccino
This is my first time trying cashew milk ice cream. I've tried coconut and almond milk before but never cashew. It's super sweet and creamy. It also has a noticeable cinnamon flavor. I wish it had a stronger coffee flavor though. It was good but I'm not sure if I would buy it again.

Vegan Taste Test
Simple Bites Gluten-Free + Non-Dairy Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies
As I was cruising the cookie/cracker aisle I spotted theses gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies. They were reasonably priced and contain a good amount of cookies. They taste just like mini Chips Ahoy cookies! Even my younger sister loved them (and she's a picky eater!).

Vegan Taste Test
Are any of my readers vegan?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment