5.09.2016

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks ♥ Beauty Review

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
Liquid lipsticks are the newest beauty trend that's hit the states. It looks like every beauty brand is coming out with their own version of a liquid lipstick. But it's the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks that caught my eyes. Their color section is also very trendy because they're all nudes. This is my first time seeing a beauty brand come out with a whole range of nude lip colors. At first glance I didn't like any of the colors because I thought they all looked too similar. But after looking at many swatches online I started falling in love with every color! Today I will be reviewing a few of the NYX Lip Lingeries that I've tried.

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
Teddy's is actually my younger sister's. But I stole it for blog photos! Hehehe ;)

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
Product description
"Slip into something seductive with NYX Cosmetics' Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick, a weightless liquid lipstick with a plush matte finish. Available in a range of color-kissed nudes, each sultry shade will coat the curves of your lips with irresistibly creamy color."

Pros
- Really pigmented
- Long lasting
- Affordable
- Unique color selection

Cons
- Super drying
- Not true to color
- Hard to take off
- Sticky

My Experience
I've been using these liquid lipsticks for a couple weeks now. I absolutely adore the colors! I don't own any nude lip colors in my makeup collection. I tend to gravitate towards warm-toned pinks and corals. But these nude liquid lipsticks have replaced my coral pinks! My favorite lip lingerie is hands down, Satin Ribbon. It's one of the lightest shade, described as a nude beige.

The liquid lipsticks are highly pigmented. One swipe and you get a perfect coating of color! No mater how pigmented your natural lip color is the lip lingerie shows on your lips. They are also really long lasting! I had lunch while wearing one of the colors and it stayed on til I finished my whole meal! One tube cost about $7-8 but you get a lot of product in each tube!

Despite the lovely colors there are a few cons to these liquid lipsticks. First, they're incredibly drying! To the point where you can see the cracks on your lips! They are also sticky. On days when it's really windy, my hair gets caught all over my lips which sucks! Also, the colors on the bottle don't really match up with the actual lip colors. When I first saw the swatches online it was really hard to tell what color matched the tubes. I had to look at hundreds of swatches online before I could make up my mind on which colors I wanted. Lastly, they are super hard to remove! The first day I swatched these on my lips I couldn't remove the first color from my lips! I tried every makeup remover I had but couldn't!

Would I repurchase?
Yes, I would repurchase more colors. I want to get Baby Doll, Lace Detail and possibly Embellishment?

Rating
4 out of 5 hearts

You can purchase the NYX Lip Lingeries here

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks Beauty Review
Have you tried any of the NYX Lip Lingeries?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried the Lip Lingerie but I have tried the NYX Matte Liquid Lipstick and I found them quite similar - the colour was totally different to what I was expecting it to be and they were hard to get off! I did think that the colour was initially not long lasting at all, but after I'd reapplied a couple of times, it stuck all day. I'll have to check these out next!
    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've tried one of those before but wasn't a huge fan of them. I would compare these to the NYX Suede Cream Lipstick but without the dry matte result. <3

      Delete