3.28.2016

Currently ♥ Blog & Shop Updates

Blog & Shop Updates
Hello guys! To start off the week I'm going to share what I'm currently up to in my life. This is a pretty lengthy post so go grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!

I'm currently in the process of crocheting items for my Etsy shop reopening! For those who didn't know I created this blog to help promote my shop (that didn't end up happening) but instead fell in love with blogging! I started sharing about my fascination with beauty and other interests that I completely abandoned my shop! 

You may be asking why I'm suddenly reopening my shop., right? Well, it was one of my New Year's resolutions and I honestly just miss crocheting. I don't crochet too often because I have so much random crochet projects laying around that hate seeing them go to waste. I usally only crochet things now if they have a meaning like a carpet or other home decor items. I also want to reopen my shop because I would like to make some extra income. I never made a lot of money selling on Etsy but any amount would mean a lot to me. I really want to save up for a SLR/DSLR camera and new laptop, both of mine are slowing dying.

I use to have a different name for my blog (brownie points if you remember what it was called) but later switched it to MooeyAndFriends, to match my shop's name. I wasn't active with my shop at the point so I threw my shop under the bust and focused mainly on my blog. Now, I'm at the point where I want to split up my blog from my shop and focus on them separately. So expect some changes in the next couple of months.

My shop will still remain as MooeyAndFriends but my blog will be getting a makeover! Not anything huge just a new banner (I got an illustrator to make me a new cute banner) and other slight changes not anything drastic. The biggest change will be the name. I'm planning on a name change for my blog along with the new blog design. But all of this will be relieved in time. I'm aiming for early May but possibly sooner! First, I need to crochet my but off and reopen my shop. 

Speaking of my shop, do any of you have any items you would like to see? I've sold dolls, sleep masks and accessories in the past but my most successful products were my dolls and sleep masks. I personally love making sleep masks because I love drawing up different designs and they were easier to make. Dolls were more troublesome but I always felt satisfied after completely one. I actually haven't made a doll in ages though! I would crochet them differently now because I made dolls back when I was still pretty new at crochet. I also have a lot of my old inventory stored away. I planed on selling mystery grab bags with 3-4 random items and selling them for $15-20, so that I could get rid of them. I'm still thinking if I should post them or not. Let me know your thoughts! I always second guess myself, so your opinions would mean a lot to me!

In terms of content, I'm still sticking with the same type of posts like beauty and lifestyle with splashes of crochet posts here and there. I'm also going to try to add some more personal posts like this and my newest series of posts, The Weekly Guide. I feel like I've always lacked in the personal department. Overall, I'm pretty reserved and usually keep to myself and dislike sharing my feelings to people. But I went to slowing open to myself to you guys and share more about me because you readers are like my friends. It means a lot that you take time out of your day to view and read my blog posts, I love you guys! Anyways, I need to go to sleep because I have work tomorrow! I wrote this at 3AM and need to be up in a few hours! Have an amazing week!

What's your thoughts on the upcoming blog changes? And, what would you like to see in my Etsy shop?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment