5.15.2015

15 Days Of Yoga ♥ Fitness Friday

As you know in the beginning of the month I decided I would take the 30 day yoga. Well today marks the 15th day that I've followed the 30 Days of Yoga challenge, that's halfway through! I wanted to share my thoughts on the challenge so far and share my experience of performing yoga everyday. Now I'm no yoga newbie. In fact, back when I was 13 I rented a yoga for teens which introduced me to yoga. As the years went by I would practice a few yoga videos on here and there. But this is my first time that I practiced yoga everyday for a month.

Before
So when I first started the 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene I felt like it would take forever, timewise that is. In the playlist (which is linked down below) you can check how long every session is. I usually workout for about an hour to an hour and half depending on what I'm working on so adding another 30 minutes I thought I would be very tired afterwards. I still do the scheduled workouts that I have planned for each day but just add the yoga video in the end of my workouts.

So far
I was sick the first week of May so I doubled up a few days a week so that I could get caught up with the videos. My body looks and feels so much leaner then before. I also feel stronger. One thing that I notice is that I'm more flexible then I thought I was. I'm pretty flexible as is but I never thought of myself as yoga level flexible. Adriene provides many different variations on some moves so I try out all that she preforms and I find myself sinking in with some flexible poses. However, I still can't do certain moves but hopefully by the end of the 30 days I will be a little bit closer. I'm also not as impatient as I was when I first started.

Ending my day with yoga has been really relaxing. It calms my brain from the daily stress and makes me more sleepy. So far I've really enjoyed my 15 day of yoga. I highly recommend anyone who's interested in starting this yoga lifestyle to go ahead and enter with an open mind.

Join the 30 day yoga challenge down below!

Do you practice yoga?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment