3.27.2015

My Favorite Healthy Foods ♥ Fitness Friday

My Favorite Healthy Foods
Since the beginning of the year I've been trying to eat more healthier foods and while on my healthy journey I've discovered many superfoods that I thought I would share my favorites with you all. What are "superfoods" you may ask? Well they are nutrient-rich foods that are beneficial for your health and well-being. Maybe next time you are grocery shopping you may want to try out some of these products that are jam-packed with nutritious goodness and taste yummy!

Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil has amazing benefits! It contains healthy fats, increases your metabolism, gives you energy, burns fat, reduces appetite, improve your cholesterol, help you lose weight, repairs damaged hair and you can also use it as a moisturizer! You can use it many ways too!

Avocado:
Ah! Nature's butter! There is nothing more I love then a few slices of avocado on a slice of Ezekiel bread. Avocado is a healthy fat that and has so many vitamins, potassium, fiber, it's burns fat, and I even heard that it can improve your vision. The best thing about avocado is that it's delicious so it's easy to incorporate into your everyday meals.

Quinoa:
Quinoa is similar to rice but it's way more healthier then traditional rice. Quinoa is a seed that is very high in fiber and protein, higher then most grains. Just make sure to clearly rinse your quinoa before cooking it to get rid of the bitter taste.

Dates:
Dates are a natural anti-inflammatory so they can relieve constipation and reduce digestive problems such as bloating. They're also naturally sweet and taste like sugared gummies but they're actually nutritious and really good for you.

Kale:
Kale is my favorite leafy green! I love the texture and taste of kale and it's packed full with vitamins! My favorite way to eat kale is by adding a few handfuls into my smoothies to create a delicious green smoothie.

Ezekiel Bread:
Ezekiel bread or sprouted grain bread is the healthiest bread you can eat out there! Why? Because it comes from organic sprouted whole grains, doesn't contain any sugar and contains several grains. Plus, it tastes amazing! If more retailers around me carried Ezekiel bread then I would eat it more often.

Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are a great source of protein, fiber, can help you lose weight, are loaded with antioxidants and packed with massive amounts of nutrients! They are one of the healthiest seeds you can eat and you can add them add them in every meal! Smoothies, soups, drinks, yogurt, basically everything!

Almond Milk:
I stopped drinking regular milk years ago when I became vegetarian. I started out by drinking soy milk but after my first sip of almond milk, I became addicted. It has as much health benefits as regular cow's milk but it doesn't contain all the bad chemicals and hormones.

What are some of your favorite super foods?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment