3.18.2015

Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte ♥ Recipe

Green tea flavored things are one of my favorite flavors to choose from. I'm open to eat anything that's green tea or matcha (the Japanese word for green tea) flavored. Last year I picked up this matcha green tea latte powder from Trader Joe's and now every time I shop at Trader Joe's I can't leave without buying one containers (sometimes more). I use to this powder to make my absolute favorite iced green tea lattes. I'm obsessed with this drink! It's kind of comparable to Starbucks green tea latte but this one is a tad bit sweeter then theirs. Today I'm sharing my recipe on how to create this delicious concoction.

This is the star of this recipe! You can find this mix at Trader Joe's for $4. Any green tea or matcha powder/mix that you can find will also work.

You will need:
- Trader Joe's Matcha Green Tea Latte Mix (you can use plain matcha powder if you want)
- You choice of sweetener (I used Truvia)
- You choice of milk (I used Almond Milk)
- Water
- Ice

First you will need to make your matcha green tea latte. To do this heat up 6 ounces of water (I heat it up in the microwave for 2 minutes). Make sure the water is hot enough for the powder to fully dissolve in. Add 3 tablespoons of the matcha green tea latte mix into the water and stir. Also add in sweetener at this time. I use 2 packets of Truvia but you can add as much sweetener as you want, stir.

* If you are using a matcha powder add in extra sweetener because regular matcha can be really bitter.

Pour your green tea latte over ice. Fill the rest of your cup with milk until it reaches the brim of the cup. Mix and your iced matcha green tea latte is done!

What is your favorite Spring drink?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment