3.16.2015

8 Reasons Why You Are Breaking Out ♥ Skincare Tips

I started learning about skincare at a young age. My older sister had serve acne when she was in high school and I was always terrified that I would get that gene. I remember growing up fearing the sight of any blemish that would appear on my face. I used my mom's foundation compact to cover any spots and even made my own "cleansing pads" out of tissues and lotion. Finally my mother gave me a set of cleansing pads for me to "wash" my face with. I eventually got a moisturizer and started to build up my skincare regime from there. Thankfully I never got acne! I was actually blessed with baby butt smooth skin. However to this day I'm still horrified of pimples and acne.

Over the years I learned a lot about how to prevent blemishes from appearing on the face and today I'm sharing my top 8 tips on how you can prevent spots, blemishes, pimples and even acne from spreading onto your face.

1. Wash Your Pillows
It's really important to constantly wash your pillow cases every couple of weeks. Grease from your hair, drool, residue from your skincare products and a whole lot more contribute to bacteria that can be hidden on your pillow. This can lead to excessive amount of breakouts. So make sure to clean your pillows as much as possible.

2. Wrong Skincare Products
You could be using the wrong skincare products for your skin type. We all have different skin types so what might work for your friend might not work for you. If you are using a new product and you notice the next day that it made your skin worse STOP USING IT RIGHT AWAY! However, if you are not sure if a new product is making you breakout use it for a few weeks and if you still see pimples around the same area then you should probably stop.

3. Stress
Too much stress can cause your skin to breakout. Maybe you are having a hard day/week? So try to take time out of your day to release stress, whether it's lighting your favorite candle, drinking a warm cup of herbal tea, a green mask, snuggle up in your favorite cozy blanket, read a good book or try yoga. Just chill out and you should start seeing less spots.

4. Hormones
Whether you are a young teenager or maybe you are experiencing your "time of the month". Either way hormones can contribute a significant amount of pimples on your skin. Best way to get rid of them? Calm down and relax or wait until your "special friend" leaves.

5. Not Enough Water
Not drinking enough water can cause breakouts from appearing on your face. Water flushes away bad toxins and pollutes out of out bodies. So make sure you drink the H2O that is recommend for you every single day!

6. Fatty Foods
Munching on too much junk food can lead to pimples, acne and other breakouts. Sugar, oily foods and other bad chemicals found in these snacks are really bad for you and even worse for your skin! Instead of these treats try eating something healthier like an apple, carrots and hummus or a smoothie filled with nutritious fruits and vegetables.

7. Wash Your Makeup Brushes
Every time you use your makeup brushes to apply on your foundation, concealer, powders and whatever else you put on your face. Bacteria builds up in the bristles so it's really important to wash your brushes at least once week. If you really want to fight against breakouts try cleansing your brushes every night before you go to bed with a cleansing oil (extra virgin olive oil works well too!).

8. Let Your Skin Breathe
Wearing makeup makes your face look nice and all but in order to achieve that flawless skin you must let your skin air out. Try to wear less makeup and let your face fully breathe out all the bad toxins cause by the makeup you wear on a day to day basis (use natural products to prevent bad toxins from forming onto your skin).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment