2.28.2015

5 Tips on Staying Motivated ♥ Fitness Friday

So lately I've been doing a horrible job at keeping up with my fitness goals. Maybe some of you are feeling the same way so on today's Fitness Friday I'm giving you guys (and myself) 5 tips on how you can break that lazy habit and get back at lifting those weights!

1. Plan Out Your Workouts
Jotting down and planning out your workouts is a great way to keep track of what you are going to do on each day. I follow the weekly Tone It schedule that they post up each Sunday and write down all the workouts in my planner with a box next to them. As the days go by I check off a box after I've completed each workout.

2. Make a Fitness Inspiration Board
Whether it's an online or a physical creating a board with positive quotes and inspiration photos is a great reminder to get into shape! I would keep your board in a place that you see often like your phone or near the fridge or something.

3. Cute Sportswear
I don't know about you guys but when I coordinate a cute workout outfit it makes me really excited to exercise! I like wearing bright sportswear like hot pinks and bright teal blues. Not only do I look cute but I feel cute too!

4. Plan Out Your Meals
We've all seen those colorful pictures on Instagram of other people's meal prep but it takes a few hours of planning during the weekend to cook your food for the week and store then in containers. However, this will really help with portion control and you don't have to stress out about what you are going to make for dinner when you get home from work/school.

5. Reward Yourself
It's alright to reward yourself with a little something from time to time but not too often because if you get too use to it becomes a habit. It can be healthy or unhealthy reward depending on what you want. Maybe it's a new dress you've been eyeing or a cheat food that you've been craving, it's up to you!

Is anybody else having problems on their fitness journey?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment