1.02.2015

My 10 Fitness Resolutions ♥ Fitness Friday

Yes! I'm bringing back Fitness Friday because like everybody else I want to get into shape for 2015. Honestly, I've been wanting to get fit since last summer but for some reason I never follow through with those plans. However, this year I am going to make it happen! I made a list of my 10 fitness goals and wanted to share you guys in case any of you want to join me on my fitness journey.

1. Drink 87 ounces of water a day
I already do a pretty good job at drinking water (it's my beverage of choice) but 87 oz of water is how much is recommended for me to drink. Click here to see how much water you need.

2. Workout 5 days a week (or more)
I haven't properly exercised in months! As a result my body has felt bloated and sluggish so I need to work out! I'm currently following the Tone It Up weekly schedule, they post a new schedule on the weekends so you start fresh on Monday. I'm also training for abs with the Blogilates 30 flat ab challenge.

3. Get a "tall" instead of a "grande" at Starbucks
Starbucks Coffee is my addiction! I always get a grande size whenever I get coffee so instead of cutting out Starbucks completely I'm going down a size and getting a tall. This will not only cut the calories but I will also be saving a couple of bucks (pun intended)!

4. Do yoga twice a week
Yoga is one of my favorite work outs to do (fun fact: i first started doing yoga when i was 14). I bought this yoga dvd so that I can practice yoga more often.

5. Drink 2 smoothies a day (one of those being a green)
I was so good at drink green smoothies every day until one day I stopped drinking them altogether and then next time I drank one I was disgusted by the smell of green smoothies. So I'm challenging my self to drink two smoothies a day, one of those being a leafy green smoothie.

6. Walk Lucy as much as possible
I've probably only walked Lucy less then 10 times since getting her. My older sister gives Lucy her daily walk around our neighborhood. For an extra work out (and for a chance to get some Vitamin D) I am going to try to join my sister when she walks Lucy.

7. Drink less coffee and more tea
 Like I said earlier I am a huge coffee addict! So because of that I'm going to calm down on the coffee and drink more tea.

8. No eating after 8pm
Not a fan of this one but I heard somewhere that eating after 8pm is bad for you. The food basically sits in your stomach as you sleep. So I'm going to try and not eat anything after 8pm. This may end badly!

9. Plan out my meals
Planning out your meals is a great way to eat healthier. If you don't have that much time to plan out your meals then start planning your meals on paper and then make some of your meals on the weekend or on your days off.

10. Learn to cook
This is one of my regular resolutions. I use to always play around with those plastic food sets when I was younger (as I watched the food network, my favorite show was Emeril Lagasse). As I grew up the food fascination continued, but I still can't cook. The only things I can cook is simple stuff like veggie tacos, burritos, ramen (if that counts), quesodillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. So in 2015 I'm forcing myself to cook!

I will update you guys next week on how my first week of living a healthy lifestyle ended up. If you guys have any requests on what Fitness Friday's posts you want to see let me know.

Who else wants to get healthier in 2015? Join me if you also want to get fit this year.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment