12.21.2014

Santa Coaster Crochet Pattern ♥ 12 Days of DIY

So today is day 9 of the 12 Days of DIY. I can't believe it's almost Christmas! However I still have three DIYs that I am going to share before Christmas arrives so keep checking my blog to see those handmade goodies! Today's DIY is another crochet pattern on how to make a cute Santa cup coaster. I think these would be adorable to have at a holiday party. You can place your tea or hot cocoa on top of these Santa's and not how to worry about your tables and counters getting messy.

You will need:
- Red, black and cream colored yarn
- A scrap of yellow yarn
- I/5.50 mm crochet hook
- Scissors
- Yarn needle
- A cotton puff
- Glue (I used a hot glue gun)

Abbreviations + tips
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
st(s) - stitch(es)
sc - single crochet
dec - decrease
inc - increase
cc - color change

*If something doesn't seem right let me know and I will try to fix the pattern.

Santa coaster (start with red yarn)
- Ch 9, starting with the second ch from hook, sc 8 sts. Total = 8 sts
- Ch 1, turn, inc 1st and last st, sc in between. Total = 10 sts 
- Ch 1, turn, sc 10 sts. Total = 10 sts
- Ch 1, turn, inc 1st and last st, sc in between. Total = 12 sts 
- Ch 1, turn, sc 12 sts. Total = 12 sts
- Ch 1, turn, inc 1st and last st, sc in between. Total = 14 sts 
- Ch 1, turn, sc 14 sts. Total = 14 sts
- Cc to black, ch 1, turn, sc 14 sts. Total 14 sts
- Cc to red. ch 1, turn Dec 1st and last st. Total = 12 sts
 Ch 1, turn, sc 12 sts. Total = 12 sts
- Ch 1, turn, dec 1st and last st. Sc in between. Total = 10 sts
- Ch 1, turn, sc 10 sts. Total = 10 sts
- Ch 1, turn, dec 1st and last st. Sc in between. Total = 8 sts
- Ch 1, turn, sc 8 sts. Total = 8 sts
- Cc to cream, ch 1, turn, sc 8 (2x times), Total = 8 sts
- Ch 1, turn, dec 1st and last st. Sc in between. Total = 6 sts
- Ch 1, turn, sc 6 sts. Total = 6 sts
- Ch 1, turn, dec 1st and last st. Sc in between. Total = 4 sts
- Ch 1, turn, sc 4 sts. Total = 4 sts
-  Cc to red, ch 1, turn, sc 4. Total = 4 sts
- Ch 1, turn, dec 1st and last st. Total = 2 sts
- Ch 1, turn, sc 2 sts. Total = 2 sts
- Dec the last st and cut off

I added the eyes by sewing through a couple of stitches with black yarn. To create Santa's beard I torn open a cotton puff and glue it right under his eyes. I also glued a scrap of cotton on top of his hat. You can also glue some cotton where is hat begins, I think that would look cute!

Happy Holidays
X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment