12.06.2014

Sailor Moon Lip Balm Cozy ♥ 12 Days of DIY

Since today is Sailor Moon Saturday I thought I would post one of my Sailor Moon inspired crochet patterns up. I've had this idea written down since the first Sailor Moon Crystal episode aired but I waited until December so I could make it apart of my 12 Days of DIY.

This project is inspired by the transformation pens that Sailor Moon and her friends use to transform into the Sailor Scouts. Now you too can feel like Sailor Moon when you pull out your Sailor Moon transformation lip balm cozy to apply on your favorite lip product! I also think these would make a great stocking stuffers!

You will need:
- Pink, yellow, and hot pink yarn
- G or 4.25 mm crochet hook
- Scissors
- Yarn needle
- Button (optional)
- Stuffing (optional)
- Sewing needle (optional)

Abbreviations + tips
ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
st(s) - stitch(es)
sc - single crochet
dec - decrease
cc - color change

*If something doesn't seem right let me know and I will try to fix the pattern.

Base
Start with pink yarn
- Ch 5, slst to form circle. Total sts = 5 sts
- Sc 2 into each sts. Total sts = 10 sts
- Sc 10 sts (10x times) Total sts = 10 sts
- Cc to yellow yarn
- Sc 10 sts. Total sts = 10 sts
Cut off

Top
With pink yarn
- Ch 5, slst to form circle. Total sts = 5 sts
- Sc 2 into each sts. Total sts = 10 sts
- Sc 10 sts (3x times). Total = 10 sts
Cut off

Crown
With yellow yarn
- Ch 5, slst to form circle. Total sts = 5 sts
- Sc 2 into each sts. Total sts = 10 sts
- Sc 10 sts. Total sts = 10 sts
- Ch 3, sk 2 sts (5x times)
Cut off

Jewel
With hot pink yarn
- Ch 6, sl st to form circle. Total sts = 6 sts
- Sc 1 st, sc 2 sts in next st (3x times). Total sts = 9 sts
- Sc 9 sts (2x times). Total sts = 9 sts
- Dec 1, sc 1 (6x times). Total sts = 4 sts
Cut off and sew the remaining sts

You are going to want to start sewing the base and top together. I sewed 4 sts together but you can sew as many as you like until your base and lid are secure and you can easily open and close the lip balm cozy. Next sew your "jewel" onto the center of the "crown" piece. Then sew the crown in the middle of the top of the lid and you are complete!

*If you like you can also add a button but I decided to leave mine as it is.

Anybody else watching Sailor Moon Crystal?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

2 comments: