10.26.2014

Drama Bum Sunday ♥ Discovery of Romance (Spoilers)


(image from Google search)

Today I will finally be reviewing the Korean drama "Discovery of Love". The drama first aired on August 18 and ran until October 7 it's a romantic comedy that consists of 16 episodes. I actually ended up liking this drama more then I thought I would have.

Plot
"Han Yeo Reum's (Jung Yoo Mi) life seems perfect. She is a designer who owns her own successful workshop, she lives with her two best childhood friends, and she has a sweet, successful boyfriend of 3 years, Nam Ha Jin (Sung Joon), who might pop the big question any day. Her life seems to be heading in the right direction, until she suddenly comes face to face with her selfish and snobby, but somehow charming, designer ex-boyfriend of 5 years, Kang Tae Ha (Eric Moon). As Han Yeo Reum begins working closely with Kang Tae Ha on a design project, old feelings begun to re-emerge. Meanwhile, it seems that Nam Ha Jin is facing his own crisis of love when his childhood friend, Ahn Ah Rim, declares her feelings for him. Will the members of this massive love square be able to sort through their complicated, tangled feelings to find true love?" - off of Dramafever

Characters
I actually like the female lead in this drama (which is rare) I think she stayed true to herself throughout the drama, in most dramas I've seen the female lead usually starts off as a strong women but as the show progresses she becomes weaker and weaker. However I didn't like the fact that she kept saying that she wasn't going to see Tae Ha anymore but she would keep on working with him (if you don't want to see or think about someone why would you work with them?) I mean her friend could have taken care of all the work details or something!

As for the men I was on Ha Jin's side since the beginning of the drama. He's smart, good looking, has a deep voice, a dark past, he has the whole package! My only problem with him was that when he found his friend from the orphanage I think he should have told Yeo Reum and not keep anything a secret this is why she accused him of cheating on her! He could have solved everything by telling her sooner!

Now to the character that I think was a sorry waste of time, Tae Ha. I didn't like him at all! He didn't have a background story like the other two main characters (at least not a interesting one). He also clings on to the past way too much! He should have of just moved on it's been over 5 years since his break up with Yeo Reum and you're telling me he wasn't interested in anyone else! Ugh!

Sub stories
Sub stories are the other stories that happen throughout the drama. Like in this drama there were two big ones that I enjoyed. One being Yeo Reum mother dating her childhood friend and the other one with Yeo Reum's freinds falling for each other (my favorite). I usually hate the friends and families in most drama (mainly because they interfere when they really shouldn't) but I actually enjoyed both the friends and family in this drama they made the show entertaining.

Finale
So like most dramas I've watched before I didn't enjoy the last episode of this drama at all! The jerk that I hated got the girl yet again! If you watch a lot of Kdrama you might already know the jerk always gets the girl in the end (why must you do this Korean drama writers!) but I honestly thought Ha Jin would get Yeo Reum in the end!

My Rating 
Overall I give "Discovery of Romance" a 4 out of 5. I mostly loved everything about this drama aside from the main story (it could have used a little more flavor) and that ex-boyfriend but everything else was pretty great. I would recommend this drama.

You can watch Discovery of Romance here

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment