10.30.2014

Animal Crossing Villager DIY Costume ♥ Crochet Flower Pattern

When Super Smash Bros came out I knew that I wanted to be the Animal Crossing villager for Halloween. Yes, I know that Animal Crossing has been out for a while but I haven't seen the default outfit you get in the beginning of the game in a long time until Super Smash Bros for 3DS came out. I always get the "cute eyes" character so I decided to cosplay her for Halloween and share the aftermath with you guys. Thanks to my lovely older sister for modeling my costume!

You will need:
- White and yellow worsted weight yarn
- H/5.00 mm crochet hook
- Scissors
- Yarn needle
- A loose fitting pink dress or shirt (I got mine from ebay)
- Glue (I used a no-sew fabric glue)
- Blue striped socks
- Red shoes

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
st(s) - stitch(es)
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet

Flower Core
- Ch 6, sl st to form circle. 6 sts.
- Sc 2 sts in each of the 6 sts. sl st to 1st st. 12 sts
- Sc 2 sts in each of the 12 sts, sl st to 1st st. 24 sts
- (Sc 1 st, sc 2 sts in each st) repeat til you reach the end of round, sl st to 1st st. 36 sts
- Sc 36 sts, sl st to 1st st. 36 sts
- (Sc 1 st in next 2 sts, sc 2 sts in each st) repeat til you reach the end of round, sl st to 1st st. 42 sts
- Sc 42 sts, sl st to 1st st. 42 sts
- (Sc 1 st, sc 2 sts in each st) repeat til you reach the end of round, sl st to 1st st. 62 sts
- Sc 62 sts, sl st to 1st st. 62 sts
Cut off

Flower petals (make 5)
- Ch 13 sts, sc from the 2nd st from hook, sc the row, ch 1 turn. 12 sts
- Sc 12 sts (repeat 4 times). 12 sts
- Dec 1st and last st, sc the middle. 10 sts
- Sc 10 sts (repeat 4 times). 10 sts
- Dec 1st and last st, sc the middle. 8 sts
- Sc 8 sts. 8 sts
- Dec 1st and last st, sc the middle. 6 sts
- Sc 6 sts. 6 sts
Cut off leaving a long tail

Pin your flower where you want it to lay on the dress and securely glue it.

Now grab your striped socks and golden shovel and now you are ready for Halloween!

Are you dressing up for Halloween?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome costume. Thinking about making one myself. Where on earth did you get the striped socks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out blog! I got the socks from sock dreams!

      Delete