2.09.2014

Beauty Battle: NYC vs L'Oreal Liquid Eyeliner



1st Contestant: NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in Extra Black

What it claims to do:  
"Intensify your eyes with this ultra fine felt tip liner. Crates a precise line from soft to dramatic in one single stroke. Long wearing formula lasts up to 10 hours. Ultra fine felt tip releases the perfect amount of color for precise, mistake-poor lining. Perfect for the cat-eye effect."

Pros:
- Cheap
- Small and thin brush

Cons:
- Comes off easy
- Dries out quickly
- Ink not that dark
- Not a lot of ink comes out
- While applying this on it drags off ink from your eye creating lines through your eyeliner

My Experience: 
The first time I used this liner I notice that not much ink comes out of it I tried shaking it to see if more ink came out but that didn't make a difference. When I started putting this on my eyes the ink didn't come out as black as I thought it would and it dried pretty fast too! As I went back to apply more eyeliner in missing areas I noticed that the liner would start to rub off and create lines over the first layer of liner.

You can purchase the NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner here

2nd Contestant: L'Oreal The Infallible Black Buster Liquid Eyeliner in Black

What it claims to do: 
"The jumbo maker tip gives you total control, delivering a smooth, mistake-proof application every time."

Pros:
- Really black
- Stays on for a long time

Cons:
- Hard to take off
- Thinker brush
- Costs more

My experience: I heard this eyeliner is one of the best drugstore eyeliners out there so I decided to give it a shot. The first thing I notice was the brush was thicker then the NYC one, which I'm still not sure if I like it or not. The next thing I was that ink actually cam out unlike the NYC eyeliner and the lines come out fine and precise.

You can purchase the L'Oreal The Infallible Black Buster Liquid Eyeliner here

The showdown
Top: L'Oreal The infallible Black Buster Eyeliner
Bottom: NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner

Final Round
Left: L'Oreal The infallible Black Buster Eyeliner
Right: NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner

Winner?
Hands down the L'Oreal eyeliner for sure! It's felt tip is precise and the ink comes out unlike the NYC one. It cost double the price of the NYC eyeliner but I think it really worth it.

What's your favorite liquid eyeliner?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment