1.21.2014

Taste Testing: Mochi Ice Cream

I mentioned I found these mochi ice cream in my Trader Joe's haul so I thought I would make a post on these and tell you guys how they taste before you go out and buy them at your Trader Joe's.

For those who don't know what mochi is it  is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice that is sweet and chewy. There are three mochi ice cream flavors chocolate, strawberry, and green tea. They cost about $4 to $5. You can find these at the frozen dessert aisle in Trader Joe's. They come in a pack of six and are bigger then you think they would be, I would say a little bit smaller then a tennis ball (you can probably split one with another person).

My chocoholic older sister bought the chocolate flavor. She says she really enjoyed them and would love to try out the strawberry mochi ice cream too. 

 I bought the green tea flavor because I love anything and everything green tea related! If you ever tasted mochi you know how chewy it is and that's how the shell of these ice creams are. They are also coated with some flour so that they don't get stuck to your hands. Inside the mochis are filled with a tasty matcha ice cream. I loved these mochi ice creams and can't wait for my next trip to Trader Joe's so I can get more!

Have you tried these mochi ice cream before? Did you like it?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment