12.05.2013

12 Days Of DIY: Crochet Stocking

It's the third DIY post of the 12 days of DIY! Today I have another cute DIY for you guys today. It's a crochet pattern to make a stocking! Sorry again to all of you who cannot crochet but don't worry I have some non-crochet DIY's coming soon! For those of you who can crochet I hope you enjoy this pattern!

You will need:
- A thick yarn (I used Knit Picks Brava Bulky Yarn in the color Tranquil)
- Size K (6.50 mm)
- Scissors
- Yarn needle

Stocking Pattern:
- Ch 30, sl st with 1st ch to form a circle, ch.
- Sc 30 sts, sl st to 1st st, ch 1. Total = 30 sts
- Sc 30 sts (repeat 18x), ch 1. Total = 30 sts
- Dec 6 sts, sc 4, inc 6 sts, sc 8, ch 1. Total 30 sts
- Sc 30 sts, ch 1. Total = 30 sts
- Dec 4 sts, sc 5, inc 8 sts, sc 9, ch 1. Total = 34 sts
- Dec 4 sts, sc 26 sts, ch 1. Total = 30 sts
- Dec 2 sts, sc 26 sts, ch 1. Total = 28 sts
- Sc 28 sts, ch 1. Total = 28 sts
- Dec 3 sts, sc 6, dec 4 sts, sc 8, ch 1. Total = 21
- Sc 21 sts, ch 1. Total = 21 sts
- Dec 1 st, sc 1 st (repeat until you reach 10 sts) sew the rest of sts closed
Cut off and sew ends

*If the pattern doesn't seem right please let me know! I wrote this down as I was crocheting it so the pattern may not be 100% right.
White Cuff:
- With a size I (5.50 mm) crochet hook hook on to the first row of your stocking and sc 30 sts
- Sc 30 sts (repeat 10 times), Total = 30 sts
Cut and weave in yarn ends

Fold down the white part and you can either leave it folded or sew it down or leave it up, it's all up to you!

This step is optional but I think it adds a festive touch! To make the snowflake I just surface crocheted like I did in the previous DIY. It was kind of tricky and it didn't come out perfect but no snowflake is perfect.

I made this crochet stocking as a Christmas home decoration but if you want to use this as a real stocking go ahead and try it! I stuffed in a few things to see if it would hold up some goodies and it did!

Happy holidays!
X♥X♥
-Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I have no crocheting talent to speak of but I love this adorable stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my stitch count isn't matching yours, starting on this rd: "- Dec 6 sts, sc 3, inc 6, sc 7, Total = 30 sts" 6+3=9, then 6 inc would give 12 more sc. 9+12=21. 21+7sc=28sc. Do you then leave two st undone, or did I make a mistake somewhere? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I revised the pattern so it should make sense now, Let me know if you have any other problems and if you make the stocking let me know how it turns out. 。^‿^。

      Delete