12.20.2012

December Glossybox (My first Glossybox)

Back in November during Black Friday Glossybox was having a incredible offer for $12 on their December box. Since I always wanted to tryout Glossybox but didn't want to fork up the $21 a box I decided to take advantage of the discount. Fast forward to today I got my Glossybox! 

What is Glossybox? It's a monthly beauty subscription (like Birchbox) that was based in the United Kingdom and was then brought to the states just a few months ago. For $21 a month you get 5 luxury travel-size beauty products based on a beauty profile which you take after subscribing.

 Love the cute Christmas packaging!

What's inside?

 Box overview


 List of products inside

Product overview

 Forest Essentials Luxurious Ayurveda: $22/6.8 OZ
This is a body/bath shower after oil that moisturizes your skin to make it feel smooth and has a subtle seductive scent. It came in a very big size so I'm excited to use this after showering. 

Pleats Please By Issey Miyake: $92/3.4 OZ
One of the things that disappointed me was this fragrance sample I don't like getting these! But I really like the smell.

Wella Velvet Amplifier $16/1.9 OZ
This is the other thing that I didn't like. I've mentioned before that I don't like these sample packets but this one I can actually use once and then throw it away so it won't bother me too much.

Heartland Fragrance CO. Bath Salts: $10/30 OZ.
As soon as I opened my box I could already smell this! This is a relaxing bath salt that is suppose to relax you (which is great because I've been having a really stressful week). The smell of this stuff is amazing! It reminds me of Christmas!

Zoya Nail Lacquers in Ziv: $8/.5 OZ.
I am a huge fan of Zoya nail polishes so I'm glad that I got a full-size! I was actually about to paint my nails with a gold color but I guess I'll just use this one since I just got it.  

Mark Lipclick Luxe Lipstick in M. Powerment Petal: $12/.106 OZ.  
My mom use to sell Avon and each time the new catalogs came out I would always look at the Mark one first because the Mark products are very good. Since my mom has stopped selling Avon I haven't checked out the products by Mark in a long time but now I got one of their new lipclicks (Cute name)! The packaging is so cute and the color looks like it will be great to wear on Christmas! 

 I was really surprised when I saw a black velvet bag with a JewelMint piece inside! I was not expecting this at all! The necklace is like a mini bottle and the top opens up too! I am probably going to fill it up with glitter or something to make the inside look cute! Thanks Glossybox!

Another thing that I received with my Glossybox is a mini zine. How cute! I haven't read it yet but I will soon.

Overall I'm really happy with everything I got in my first Glossybox. I'm so glad that I got this on Black Friday along with the deal because I probably would have never subscribed to Glossybox for $21 a month. But if you add up all the full-size items that I got in the box it would add up to $40 value so when you think about it $21 is pretty reasonable.

Would you recommend this box?
I'm not sure. I LOVED almost everything that I got in my Glossybox but I've heard many mixed feelings on the Glossybox. Honestly, I wouldn't spend $21 a month on a beauty box unless I knew that I would get the same amount of stuff in return (or maybe even more). So the risk is yours to take.

Have you gotten a Glossybox? If so, what did you get? and was worth $21?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

1 comment:

  1. never try it before but i would love too
    the items you got are cool :D cute necklace :D

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete