10.16.2012

October 2012 birchbox

For this month's Birchbox you got to choose between either getting your regular October Birchbox or getting a special Goop Birchbox. I decided to pick the Goop box because it seemed interesting. I don't know what Goop is all I know is that it was founded by Gwyneth Paltrow. Anyways goop put together some must-try essentials in this box so let's take a look at what they picked.

Box overview

 List of products

Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss: Full-size, $26
"Show off your (nearly) bare lips with this sheer gloss, which doubles as a subtle plumper." I already tried this and liked it. It has a slight vanilla scent and feels very nice on the lips. The color is really sheer almost goes on clear. I already has full lips so I don't use lip plumpers but I have before and they always have that tingling sensation but this one didn't which is cool but I didn't noticed any noticeable plumping action either.

Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder: Full-size, $30
"Laced with organic lavender and sage, this sweet-smelling dry shampoo revives flat or second dry hair." I don't normally wash my hair everyday so I love using dry shampoos and powders. I've seen this hair powder around so I can't wait to finally try it out.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre - 24 Hour Miracle Cream: Full-size, $16
"A favorite of models and makeup artists, this cult French lotion heels dryness. Bonus: It also works as a primer and makeup remover." I didn't know exactly what this product did so I had to check out the Birchbox website to see what it does. It is actually a makeup remover but doubles as a lotion on hands and neck. I've been looking for a really good makeup remover so I will try this out tonight and see if I like it.

LUNA LemonZest: Pack of 15, $18.75
 "These zesty snacks are a goop fave. They're perfect for keeping you full in between meals (plus they can double as a healthy dessert!). I am a big fan of Luna bars already, they're some of my favorite healthy "candy" bars! I really like the lemonzest flavor so I'm glad that I got this in my box. I love getting food in my Birchboxes!

 Karuna Hydrating Treatment Masks: 4 masks, $28
"Get on board with the sheet mask trend. This at-home fave contains Japanese natto (read: soybean) to boost skin's moisture levels." I've been waiting to get a sheet mask in my Birchbox for a long time so I'm really glad I got one, finally! I love sheet masks so I can't wait to try this one out! I will do a review if I like it or not.

Well that is it for this box. I loved all the products in this box but for some reason I feel some what unsatisfied with this box. I think it's because I didn't get my special mystery wrapped package that I get every month or maybe because for once I didn't receive a lot of cards with discounts or something, which would've come in handy to explain what Goop is. I don't know if it was like this with everybody's box or just mine. Let me know it the comments along with what you got in your boxes this month. 

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment