9.20.2012

September 2012 Birchbox

It may have come late but my monthly present finally came in the mail yesterday! Usually I'm impressed with Birchbox's shipping but this time my box came really late which made me upset but anyways let go on to the box. This month Birchbox had a "September fashion week" theme, they even include their own mini zine with fashion and beauty tips! Now let's see what came on my box!

Quick look inside

The list of products in my box

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Full-size, $34
"This exfoliating cleanser uses professional-grade (read: effective) microderm crystals and papaya enzymes to brighten dull skin." I actually used this for the first time last night, it smelled nice and felt like tiny little sand particles on your face. However I didn't notice any big changes but I will keep using this and let you know if I see a drastic change in my skin.

21 drops Focus Aromatherapy Blend Full-size, $29
"Stay sharp with this mind-clearing blend of rosemary and peppermint essential oils. Apply to pulse points and breathe deep." This comes in a roller ball applicator, which I prefer better then the mini spray bottles. The smell is not that bad it actually has a slight eucalyptus smell.

Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System Full-size $9.99-$14.99
"Infused with coconut oil and amino acids, this shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment work together to fix unsightly split ends." I have a lot of split ends so I hope that this stuff can reduce my ends because I hate cutting my hair short because it takes FOREVER for it to grow out. 

Mighty Leaf Tea Company Tea Box of 15, $9.95
"Swap your afternoon latte for these yummy tea blends, made from natural, ethically sourced ingredients." I love getting teas in my box for some reason (Anything eatable, really). This bag comes with three tea bags Green Tea Tropical, Vanilla Bean, and Chamomile Citrus. I tried the green tea one yesterday, it had a slight fruity flavor but lets just say it won't replace my favorite green tea.

This is the mini zine that Birchbox included in this month's box. It has lots of fashion and beauty tips and some tutorials too!

???

Color Club Birchbox Custom Polish Full-size, $8
"We teamed up with Color Club to create this custom shade, inspired by the Fall 2012 collections." When I heard that Birchbox was going to include one of their Color Club custom nail polishes I was so excited! I loved every color but the dark grey color which I ended up getting in my box, Status Update. I would have liked any other color besides this one. I already have a color very similar to this, Zoya's Cynthia. The two look exactly alike they're both a dark grayish color with a hint of blue in it but Cynthia has a blueish green and Status Update has a blueish under tone. 

Twistband Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie Set of 6-12, $14-22
"Designers went gaga for lace this season and we don't blame them. Get on board with these ouch-free hair ties." Another twistband, really? This is like my third I still don't get why these are so popular. However I do like the purple lace print.

I also received a 25% gift card off of Madewell (with a purchase of $75 or more).

Not my favorite box but not my least favorite. I'm excited to try out the split end treatment system, vasanti face rejuvenator, and tea. What did you guys get in your September Birchbox?

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment