9.07.2012

Guest Review: A Tale of Two Sisters: Gash & Peroxide



Two totally different colors, like two totally different sisters. One dark and classic, the other sparkly and bubbly. This describes me and Michelle fairly well. I'm her older sister, Stephanie. She was nice enough to let me do a little makeup review for A Colorful Creation. Today's my favorite makeup topic: LIPTSICK. 

I'm the kind of girl who actually doesn't wear much makeup. I don't do mascara and eyeliner, my nails are rarely done, and a glimpse at my skin will tell you I'm in dire need of some good skin care habits. But I do indulge in lipsticks, their companions lipgloss and lip balm, and BB creams.  

Urban Decay is one of my favorite companies. I love that they are animal-friendly and have kickass names for their colors like "F-Bomb" and "Apocalypse." They're having a super sale right now on some products they're discontinuing. Sad times. I was going to title this "A Fond Farewell: Urban Decay Lipsticks," but that would be too sad and negative and Michelle is NOT into negativity. 

I bought two tubes at the crazy price of $8 bucks each, when they normally go for $22.


Can we talk about the packaging first? Just look at it! It's all pretty and purpley. There's a little dagger at the end of it because "Lipstick is a weapon of love." I guess they're implying love is a battlefield? Makeup is war paint? I could go on forever.



Gash

There really is nothing like red lips for confidence. You can't convince me that there is any better color for lips. There was a time when I couldn't go without a bit of rouge on my lips or my face would feel naked. Gash has to be the best red I've ever worn. It's dark and luscious. It has magenta undertones, so if you're not too into bright, cherry red you may like it. The satiny finish makes thin lips look fuller.


Peroxide

Such a deadly name for such a pretty pink. I wanted to wander a bit away from the red and try something safer and more day-time appropriate. This pale pink is fun to wear. The photo doesn't show it, but this shade has just a hint of shimmer and glitter without looking too wild. I tend to wear it without lipgloss just so the slight sparkliness will show. This is more up the marshmallow, bubblegum rainbow alley of A Colorful Creation, non?


So, Colorful Creators, do you have any Urban Decay favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I love those shades, they're both so pretty, and that lipstick tube is so cool, haha, I have one urban decay lipstick, in dark purple, but its a bit non traditional. Of the two i personally like the darker red better.

    Camelia
    whateverismarveloustoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i own 5 of their lipsticks and they are all so pretty! i have gash but i haven't tried it yet.. it looks so pretty! :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete