5.14.2012

May 2012 Birchbox

Guess what I found in my mail box last Friday? Yes, it was my pink squared beauty box filled with beauty goodies! I was really surprised at how fast they shipped it this time I didn't even expect it! This month's box is a special one because they collaborated with Gossip Girl to bring you the latest beauty products inspired by the hit television series.

If you do not know what Birchbox is it's a $10 monthly subscription box with 4 to 5 deluxe beauty samples.

 Inside look at my box

 List of products

Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow Full-size. $34
"Don't settle for anything but flawless skin - all over your body. This tinted treatment erases blemishes and scars on arms, legs, and decollete." I tested this out on my hand when I first got it and it's amazing! It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer for your body and leaves your skin absolutely flawless with a sunkissed glow.

SHU UEMURA Cleansing Oil Shampoo Full-size, $55
"We're smitten with this ultra chic yuzu-scented cleanser: the oil transforms into a purifying foam that leaves hair clean and bouncy." Like I've said before I don't really like receiving hair samples in my Birchbox because I never end up using them. I don't like the fact that this is a oil shampoo because I already have oily hair and using a oily shampoo to wash my hair doesn't sound like the best thing to use but whatever I'll use it and tell you guys if it does anything useful.

??? 


Dior Miss Dior Eau de Pafum Full-size, $62-$102
"Chic and feminine, this longtime favorite is a gorgeous bouquet of floral notes deepened by a touch of patchouli." This is by far my favorite scent I have ever smelled. It gives off a nice classy and sophisticated scent that stays on throughout the day. I'm asking this for my birthday!


 Dior Diorshow Extase Full-size, $28.50
"This dramatic mascara adds tons of volume and length. Plus, its unique ceramide complex helps fortify your lashes." Two Dior products in one box! I used this yesterday when I went out and I didn't really noticed anything too special I guess I need to play with it some more.

BIRCHBOX EXTRA: Notecards Set of 12, $10
"Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationary." Cute yet classic. I used this already to write down a sweet message for my mother and gave it to her yesterday for Mother's day.

This was an ok box but not my favorite I was kind of expecting way more from this box since it's a Gossip Girl box but whatever for the most part I liked everything. I will try out all of these samples and get back to you guys if I find something I really like.

This box also marks my one year with Birchbox so I am going to making a special Birchbox post letting you know if it's worth $10 a month so look forward to that within the next week or so.

What did you get in your May 2012 Birchbox?


X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment