3.12.2012

Teen Vogue Birchbox

This month's Birchbox is super special because it's brought to you by Teen Vogue! Last month Birchbox gave a option to their subscribers to either receive the regular monthly birchbox or to get a limited edition Teen Vogue birchbox, that includes party-ready beauty picks chosen by Teen Vogue's beauty guru Eva Chen, for the month of March guess which one I picked! I'm not sure if everybody got the same thing in the Teen Vogue box but I really loved this box and it totally makes up for last month's box, which was kind of disappointing.

TeenVogue box overview 

List of products 


Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Amused Full-size, $24
"This long-lasting stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost the moisture levels in your lips." I heard so much about this lip stain that I almost bought one once so I'm very glad that they included this in the box. The color itself is very close to my natural lip color so when I apply it on it makes my lips look nice and juicy without looking too bright.

Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers 100 sheets $18 
"These mattifying tissues are coated with transparent rice powder to leave your skin perfectly shine-free." A few years ago I use to go through blotting papers like crazy! I had very oily skin but throughout the years of testing out hundreds of skincare products I finally turned my skin from oily to normal (not to oily and not even dry!). I still get the occasionally oily spots here and there so I will be keeping these in my purse just in case.

 ???

 Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Full-size, $85
"A blend of fresh fruity notes and musk, this French fragrance is the definition of understated chic." This is a fresh yet noticeable smell that will remind you of Spring instantly.

Essie Luxeffects in Set in Stones Full-size, $8
"Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look." One word, LOVE! This polish is a disco ball melted to create a nail polish. Perfect for parties or just a fun night out with your gals! Full review coming soon.

Twistband Hair Tie 12 pack, $18
"Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics."Another one? I first got one of these hair ties back in my August birchbox (a black one). I still don't see why people rave about this it's just a hair tie. Unless there is another way to use them, any tips?

ModCloth Gift Card 
Take $10 off any purchase of $75 or more on ModCloth! Probably won't use this, as much as I like ModCloth I think their clothes are too overpriced.

 Thanks to Teen Vogue for making this month's box awesome! Subscribe to them if you haven't already.

Well that's it for this month. I really loved this box because I got to not one but two full size products that I know I'm going to use. The other two things are a nice to have just in case of a emergency or something. I don't think I'm going to use the ModCloth gift card and I'm already subscribed to Teen Vogue. Still, I really like this box and I'm so glad that I decided to get the Teen Vogue box. 

Did you choose the March birchbox or the Teen Vogue one? and what did you get?  


X♥X♥
-Michelle

3 comments:

  1. hi there! i just found your blog and i am so glad i did! i love these pictures and writing, great post! am definitely a new follower, keep up the great work! would appreciate it if you could check out my blog!

    oh i absolutely love love love teen vogue! and i love essie nail polish! every month i buy teen vogue but i dont subscribe to it because it is around $80 for me as i live outside America which is pretty expensive!!


    xoxo
    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you this means a lot to me. I will make sure to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. love your essie polish! haha my favorite from mine was actually the twistband--I already had an identical polish, and my tarte lipsurgence broke before I could try it.

    ReplyDelete