3.21.2012

Past Crochet Creations

Today I thought it would be a great idea to show some of my past crochet pieces from back in the day. I started crocheting back in 2007, after stumbling across Twinkie Chan's awesome designs! I bought my first crochet hook and some worsted weight yarn the next day and began my adventure in the world of crochet. 

At first all I made was small amigururmi creatures (because it was the easiest thing to make!) like a Winnie the Pooh Russian doll and a voo doo pin cushion. I made soo many dolls that my room was overflowing with amigurumi creatures (good and evil)! So I opened a etsy shop a year later (I'm a fast leaner) and decided to sell some of amigurumi dolls. I took a short break (busy with school) then reopened my shop in 2009, where I started selling more items such as sleeping masks and bow ties. Last year after finishing school I decided to "officially" run my shop like a mini business and started selling more pieces that I've wanted to sell (animal themed goodness!). That's about it.

Sorry for the background story but I felt like it was necessary. Anyway are my crochet projects I've made in the past and their stories.

These are blythe doll animal hats that I made for my blythe dolls. I planned on making human sized animal hats but I never did. Hopefully I can make some of these hats this Fall.

My sister made these two but I wanted to include them in here because they are so cute!

Close up at the cookie.

I crocheted the heart in the middle with some rainbow wool and turned it into a mini heart pillow. The other two are my two creatures that I sewed. Sadly, the one on the left "died" (I needed stuffing!).

Bunnies! I made these bunnies for Easter a few years ago. I still have some of them laying around.

Probably my favorite set I ever made, so far! My favorite is the mashed potatoes!

I never sold any of these animal water bottle cozies so if any of you want one let me know!

The first ever sleep masks I ever made. Inspired by "Breakfast at Tiffany's"!

This is my version of the oh so famous Holly Golightly sleep mask from "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I have one myself and love it! Modeled by my lovely sister!

More sleep masks. Sleepy, bed time, and zzz...

Another piece modeled by my sister (and her beautiful hair). I actually plan on posting a pattern on how to make these hair bow ties because they are to simple to make. Let me know if you guys would like to see a post on that.

Oh the memories... I love looking back at my past work and seeing how much I've improved. I wanted to post more pictures of my really old crochet amigurumi but I couldn't find any good photos. Maybe I'll retake some pictures and do another post.


X♥X♥
-Michelle

1 comment: