2.16.2012

February 2012 Birchbox

I was thrilled when I saw my Birchbox in my mail box on Valetine's day! If you don't know what Birchbox is it's a 10 dollar monthly box filled with 4 to 5 deluxe beauty samples (It's become a monthly feature on my blog.). This month's box is all about being in the spotlight and being the center of attention. Sadly I was kinda of disappointed with this month's box (Well at least mine). I saw some other people's birchbox unboxing videos and they looked so exciting! However mine was well not as exciting as I thought it was going to be (I really wanted to try the beauty blender or the make up puff.) but oh well.

Box overview

List of products

BLK DNM Perfume 11 Full-size $110
"New York's hippest denim brand created this spicy perfume. Wear it for a dose of downtown cool." Oh my gosh I can't stand the smell! It smells like a very heavy men's cologne and like it says it has a spicy scent (Who would want a perfume that smells spicy?). I do not like this at all! This is probably the first product that I did not like in my Birchbox.


LIFESTYLE EXTRA
"There's no shame in filling your nails in public with this heart-shaped, neon looker." One word...CUTE!


EYE ROCK's designer liner 2 packs of 4, $13
"Stop wrestling with the liquid liner and achieve a perfect cat eye with these single-use stick-on liner strips." I think these eye liner strips are great for someone who rarely wears makeup and doesn't want to look like a eye liner noob. A really cool concept but for someone like me who does wear makeup often this is just a nice treat to have. I will do a separate post with these liner strips on.

I was very surprise to see this in my box this is a free digital download of six songs from a band called Green River Ordinance, an indie band from Texas. I love discovering new music as much as the next person but I have yet to listen to these guys because the link doesn't work and I've tried so many times. Anyone else with this problem?

What's inside???


Exude Lip Creme Full-size $29
"Buzz alert: Mega stylist Rachel Zoe swears by this bold lipstick, which has an innovative crystal applicator that dispenses the exact amount of lipstick you need." I absolutely love this! I love the color, the lip stick applicator, and the clean looking packing. Also Rachel Zoe swears by it so you know it must be fabulous. I can add this to my bright lip color collection that Birchbox has help me build.

LA FRESH Eco-Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover Full-size 18 wipes, $9.99
"Leave the cotton balls and acetone behind. These convenient pads dissolce polish with a natural mix of botanicals, plus soothing aloe vera." I was thrilled to get these nail polish remover pads in box I'm always looking for some "holy grail" nail care products and I have a good feeling about these. I'll do a separate blog post on these pads too.

Well that's it for my February Birchbox it wasn't my favorite but I did get some interesting product to sample. I will doing a blog posts on the designer eye liner strips and on the nail remover pads, if you would like to see a review on any of the other products I got in my box let me know. What did you get in your Birchbox?


X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment