1.16.2012

January 2012 Birchbox

My first Birchbox of the year came in the mail a few days ago, and as soon as I got it I opened it as fast as I could. For the first time I actually didn't peek into my Birchbox account to see what I got(I usally do that every month because I'm so impatient) however I did see the SPOILER ALERT video that Birchbox released on their Youtube channel a few weeks ago so I did see a bit of my January Birchbox. But hey, how can you not wonder whats in that box?

Overview of what I got.

List of products in my January 2012 Birchbox.

BORGHESE CuraForte Moisture Intensifier Full-size $67.50
- "This serum proves that sidekicks deserve recognition too. Apply before moisturizing or mix it with your favorite cream to help actives work harder." This sounds very interesting, I've used serums before but I would only put it on after I moisturized my skin never before. I will try this a few times and let you know what I think after a week or two to see how I like it.

Jouer Body Butter Full-size $32
- "Ingredient snobs, take note. This rich formula softens rough patches like elbows, with pure shea butter, plus olive and avocado oils." I actually already used all of this sample! When I opened the container I fell in love with the smell of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle, it is so nice and has a calm scent to it.  It also doesn't leave a greasy residue which is always my problem when looking for body lotions. I probably wouldn't buy this because I think it's too pricey for a body butter, but it was nice to try.

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Full-size $20
- "It's time to put down the black liner. This colorful pigment makes eyes stand out ans stays put for hours." I was pretty excited when I saw this in the box. I've always wanted to try Stila's smuge sticks because I hear they are pretty water repellent. When I was washing my hands(after I took the swatch) I noticed that it took a few good rubs to get all the blue off my skin so hopefully this will hold up good. I also love the color! I've been collecting bright eyeliners and I needed a blue one and now I have one!

???

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Full Size $69 - $89 
- "This scent will bring out your inner girly girl, Wild berries flirt with mandarin and soft floral notes to create a fragrance that's fun and happy." This is probably my favorite Juicy scent, I really need to get the full size. If you haven't smelled this perfume I would 100% encourage you to do so next time you see it!

LARABAR Mini Bar
- "You won't find any artificial fillers in these natural bars: just dried fruits, nuts, and other wholesome ingredients. They're as tasty as they are healthy." LARABAR's are one of my favorite bars(next to KIND and Luna bars). They are basically "healthy candy bars", I totally recommend these bars to anyone who is on a diet and craving candy. I'm actually thinking about making a Fitness Friday post on my favorite "healthy candy bars" let me know if you guys would like to see that.

I really like that Birchbox is stepping up on their extra's department. Last month they gave out two special treats and this month they did the same. This is a Birchbox magnet, you can put this on your refrigerator, locker, or anywhere else where magnets can stick. Also in this month's Birchbox came a piece of paper that has a list of mini detoxes just in time for the new year, which this magnet is suppose to hold up.

Well that is it for this month's Birchbox. What did you guys get in your January Birchbox? Let me know down below.

X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment