12.15.2011

12 days of Christmas: How to crochet hot chocolate


During the colder month's one of my favorite things to do is cuddle up by the fireplace and watch a movie with the family. I usually always have a hot drink in my hands, one of my favorite is hot chocolate. Now I'm not the biggest chocolate fan but
I've grown to love hot chocolate over the years and today I am going to show you guys how to crochet your own cup of cocoa!





What you will need:

- G or 4.25 mm crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn, in the color you wish your cup to be
- Brown and black worsted weight yarn
- Yarn needle
- stuffing


Abbreviations:

Ch = chain
Sl st = slip stitch
St = stitch
Sc = single crochet


Instructions:

Cup:
1. Ch 6 sts. sl st into first st to form a loop. Total = 6 sts.
2. 2 Sc into each st, sl st into last st. Total = 12 sts.
3. 2 Sc into each st. Total = 24 sts.
4. 1 Sc into each st in round. Total = 24 sts.
5. Repeat row 4 six times. Total = 24 sts.
6. Cut off


The cup should look like this.


Handle:

1. Ch 9 sts.
2. Sc 9 sts.
3. Cut off

Sew the handle onto the cup.


It should look like this.

Hot chocolate:

1. Ch 6 sts. sl st into first st to form a loop. Total = 6 sts.
2. 2 Sc into each st, sl st into last st. Total = 12 sts.
3. 2 Sc into each st. Total = 24 sts.
4. 1 Sc into each st in round. Total = 24 sts.
5. Cut off.

To dress up your cup of hot cocoa you can crochet some whip cream or add marshmallows! Before you sew your cocoa into the cup you can embroider a face on the cup with some black yarn and yarn needle.




Now you can add stuffing and sew the hot chocolate wherever you want your hot chocolate to be, I sew my near the top of my cup to make it look as if the chocolate is overflowing. You are done! Remember to weave in any loose yarn ends.



This is a very quick and cute gift for anyone! It also makes a great stocking stuffer!


Happy Holidays
X♥X♥
-Michelle

1 comment: