12.21.2011

12 days of Christmas: DIY tree pin cushion

I made a tree cushion a few years ago to hold my sewing pins and needles but back then I didn't write down my own patterns, so I had to recreate my old tree pin cushion and this time I made sure to write the down the pattern. So today I am going to show you how to make your own tree pin cushion.

You will need:

- I or 5.50 mm crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn in whatever colors you want your tree to be.
- Stuffing
- Yarn needles
- Pins and needles


Abbreviations:

Ch = chain
Sl st = slip stitch
St = stitch
Sc = single crochet
Dec = decrease


Instructions:

Tree trunk:
1. Ch 6 sts, sl st to the first ch to form loop. Total = 6 sts.
2. 2 sc into each st. Total = 12 sts.
3. Sc 12 sts, 6 times. Total = 12 sts.
4. Start stuffing.
5. Dec 1 st, sc 1 st, repeat until you reach the end.
6. Cut off.

Leaves or the top part of tree
1. Ch 6 sts, sl st to the first ch to form loop. Total = 6 sts.
2. 2 sc into each st. Total = 12 sts.
3. 2 sc into each st. Total = 24 sts.
4. 2 sc into each st, sc 4 st, repeat 4 times, sc last two sts. Total = 28 sts.
5. Sc 28 sts, 4 times. Total = 28 sts.
6. Start stuffing
7. Dec 1 st, sc 1 st, repeat until you reach the end.
8. Cut off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Now start sewing the top part of the tree onto the tree trunk.

Add your pins and needles and you are done!

This is a pretty fast DIY and you can also make it for somebody who likes to sew a lot.

Happy Holidays
X♥X♥
-Michelle

1 comment: