12.13.2011

12 days of Christmas: DIY knitted cowl


A Super easy, super fast, super chunky cowl!

This is a great pattern for those new to knitting. All you need to know is the basic knit stitch!

You will need:
size 17 (US) needles
1 ball of super-bulky yarn - I used Lionbrand thick and quick (pink) and Loops & threads cozy wool (gray)
darning needle (or a very thick sewing needle)


Cast on anywhere from 19 to 25 stitches. The whole pattern is in garter stitch, so just knit each row to your heart's content. I measured my piece around my neck as I went along. I knit until it fit snuggly--not too tight, but loose enough. When you're done, bind off and sew together the ends.



I usually wear my cowl folded down.



This makes a great gift and it will take you about a day or less!

Thanks to my sister for the pattern!

Happy Holidays
X♥X♥
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment