11.30.2011

How to: Crochet a French macaroon


The other day I was looking through my inspiration folder and saw a picture of a tiny French macaroon and then decided to crochet one. Now I am going to show you guys how to crochet your own French macaroon. This is a very quick DIY that you can probably make in minutes!

You will need:

-Worsted weight yarn in your choice of color, I used a light pink.
-White or cream colored yarn for the middle.
-Size G or 4.25 hook
-Stuffing
-Yarn needle


Abbreviations:

Ch = chain
Sl st = slip stitch
St = stitch
Sc = single crochet
Dc = double crochet
Dec = decrease
Flo = front loop only
Blo = back loop only


Instructions

1. Ch 6, sl st into first st to form a loop.
2. DC into each st two times, sl st into first st. Total = 12 sts.
3. DC into one st and sc in one st. repeat 5 times. Total = 18 sts.
4. SC 18 sts. Repeat. Total = 18 sts.
5. Change to white yarn.
6. Sc blo 18 times. Total = 18 sts.
7. Change back to first yarn.
8. Sc flo 18 times. Total 18 sts.
*Add stuffing*
9. Dec 1 st, sc 1 st. Repeat until hole is small enough to be sewn closed
10. Cut off and weave in ends.
Done!


I hope you enjoyed this quick DIY!

X♥X♥
-Michelle

7 comments:

  1. I have a question, can you make a video of this? I don't really understand and I really want to make it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part don't you understand? I would love to help you.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I'm actually a beginner I don't really know how to decrease or slip stitch etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can look up videos on how to decrease and slip stitch on Youtube. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
    2. ok, thanks for the tips!

      Delete
  3. This will make a very nice pincushion. Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. I have a question. In round 3, the pattern says to *DC in one st and sc in the next st*, then repeat ** 5 more times, am I right? However, it says you will get a total of 18 stitches. How would you get 18 sts if there isn't any increasing? I'm assuming it should say either DC twice or sc twice to get 6 extra sts.

    ReplyDelete