9.13.2011

Limited Edition Birchbox + Scoop Box



I was lucky enough to win a fashion's night out birchbox last week so here are my thoughts on this limited edition box and whether its worth your money or not. This box is designed to contain all sorts of beauty products that are perfect for your fashion's night out and beyond. I have yet to try any products from this box but if I really love something I'll let you know in a separate post.


A cute note from the staff at birchbox.






An overview of the box.


The first thing I saw when I opened the box was the Pureology strengthening control zero dulling hairspray. A non-sticky spray that keeps in place and adds mega shine. This hairspray doesn't dull your hair and is for color-treated hair. Now I don't have colored-treated hair but I really like the shine spray from my July birchbox so I have high hopes for this spray as well.


Next thing I saw was the Bliss blood orange and white pepper hand cream with macadamia oil+grape seed extract. First off I need to say that all the ingredients mixed in sound kinda of strange, but it just smells like orange with a extra something that I can't describe maybe the pepper? I don't know. You are suppose to rub this cream in your hands whenever your hands are feeling dry to moisturize your palms. I'm always in for hand creams when I'm on the go so I know that I will be using this.


I was one of the products I was excited for it's the Lipstick Queen's 15 minutes of fame pop art gloss in the color 8 minutes. This lip gloss is super bright and perfect for a pop of color on your lips. I can't wait to wear this lip color out in public with a soft natural face. I'll do a full review on this lip gloss along with more pictures of this gorgeous color.


Outside of box.


Close look at this beautiful and amazing color.




Since Scoop NYC partnered up to make this box with birchbox they offered 25% off their website. Which is very sweet of them.


This next product is a Cynthia Rowley pick it's the Nuxe huile prodigieuse multi-usage dry oil. A gorgeous essential oil blend that gives skin a dewy glow and also tames flyaways. You can add a few drops of this to your foundation to give your skin a dewy finish. I'm really excited to use this one, I'll do a review on this one too!


The next product was a fragrance from JOYA studio called composition No.1 parfum. This softly feminine scent completes any outfit. I normally don't like fragrance samples but I liked this one because instead of a mini spray bottle this one came as a roll on which I prefer a lot more, I can simply just whip this bad boy out roll and rub on my skin and smell pretty. As for the smell, I'm really bad at describing smells but birchbox describes it as a sweet floral with bright citrus top notes and a lingering sandalwood finish.


Last but not least my personal favorite are these Faux lashes. I don't own many fake eyelashes so I'm really excited to get these in the box.


Over all I love this box my faves are the Lipstick Queen pop art gloss, the multi-usage dry oil, JOYA parfum, and the faux lashes.

Would I purchase this box or recommend someone to get this box? Probably not, I mean I really like this box and I'm glad that I won it but I wouldn't but it. Their are two full size products and the rest of the products are deluxe samples and the 25% off card for Scoop NYC is great but If I really wanted the full size products I could just buy them on their website for a total of 26.50 dollars and skip out on the rest. But remember I haven't tried all of the products out yet so my answer might change later on.

You can get the limited edition birchbox here and follow birchbox for updates and contests.

X♥X♥

No comments:

Post a Comment